replied
    V7 has been released!!!!
    Details are in this V7 release post.

Leave a comment:

• radiodavid
    replied
    Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
    radiodavid,
    All the details and the upgrade link should be up tomorrow (barring anything unexpected in the next 24h).
    I bought the upgrade from V 6 (Win) and downloaded it an hour ago, and it installed perfectly. I immediately began reindexing a section of my site that has about 330,000 pdf pages and on which I had changed the metafile data. In V 6, at best I got 50,000 pages an hour and about 30 minutes into the same data on V 7 I have done 55,000 pages... so it is a bit better than twice as fast.

The pathing screen is very nice in that there is more space to see and modify paths. On the other hand, the index progress Status window is not resizable, so if you want to watch both page count and elapsed index time, you have to scroll up and down. It would be nice to have the size of that window adjustable.
    Last edited by radiodavid; Apr-30-2014, 07:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    radiodavid,
    All the details and the upgrade link should be up tomorrow (barring anything unexpected in the next 24h).

Leave a comment:

• radiodavid
    replied
    When will we be able to purchase the upgrade? (I am on V. 6) Is pricing established now?

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    An update on the V7 release date: It should be this week!! (April 2014)

We have a couple of final bugs to fix and a bit more work on the web site. But otherwise it is done.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by johan View Post
    A user option to restrict search to "just this site" or "all sites" might be a nice add
    This is already in V7. You can limit a search by domain name, e.g. the following query will search for all mention of "dogs" on mysite.com

dogs site:mysite.com

Leave a comment:

• johan
    replied
    A user option to restrict search to "just this site" or "all sites" might be a nice add

Leave a comment:

• johan
    replied
    Thanks Ray,
    Yes I'm following internal and external (to have a good search facility of the subject matter not just my site).
    I haven't seen zoomstopfollow before but use zoomstop - though not for these blocs. Unfortunately it's handcoded into 200 pages =(

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    Are you indexing with "Index page and follow internal and external links"? Normally links to other sites (in your case, if they're links to twitter.com or facebook.com, etc.) should not be followed because they would not satisfy the Base URL setting.

Regardless of this, you can enclose links that you do not want followed with the following tags:

<!--ZOOMSTOPFOLLOW-->
    <a href="http://www.twitter.com/somefeed">Follow my twitter feed!</a>
    <!--ZOOMRESTARTFOLLOW-->

Leave a comment:

• johan
    replied
    Would it be possible to have rel=nofollow links optionally not be spidered? All my social media links are nofollowed but zoom creates entries for them.

Also there's a slight sitemaps bug in V6, if you specify a different directory where it should be output the sitemap_index file still refers to the top directory.

Thank you
    Last edited by johan; Mar-04-2014, 07:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    E-mail us the category file you are importing from and we can take a look. Did you double check already that the format is correct as specified in the Users Guide and Help file? What was the error message when it failed to reload your CATS.txt file?

You said you were switching back and forth between V7 and V6. Note that V6 does not load configuration files saved by V7. You've sent us a V6 config file recently, but can you send us your V7 config file for this issue?

UPDATE:
    I just went to your ticket and looked at the categories settings in your V6 config file. The syntax is wrong. Please refer to the Users Guide or Help page (click on the Help button in the Categories window).

This is from our Users Guide:
    You can specify multiple patterns for each category, separated by a semi-colon character. For example, a category named “Downloads” may contain a variety of file formats with a pattern like “.pdf;.doc;.xls;.ppt;.exe” (without the quotes).

This is what you have:

Category name: images_lgbt
    Match pattern: ".JPG".PNG".TIFF".GIF"

This is not correct. It should be as follows:

Category name: images_lgbt
    Match pattern: .jpg;.png;.tiff;.gif

Similar problems with the rest of your categories.

Leave a comment:

• Brittany
    replied
    V 7 bug report After adding category's and cataloging, I saved zoomconfig file to it's corresponding folder. when returning and reloading the zoomconfig all category's lost, AND will not reload the catagoory back CATS.txt , This maybe do to my fault for reinstalling zoom, As it was not loading pdf files , but the zoom config file i saved was not effected in the reinstall ,As i had it backed up in a non-default Dir

I am Happy to provide any out put file, in my computer, if is will help cheers

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to have a date parameter in the weightings, so that newer documents are ranked higher, wouldn't it?
    Yes, that would be a good potential feature to add. We'll put it on our list of things to do.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Brittany View Post
    1# A select all button for the urls, So one can set attribs for all urls like scan single page or seating it as a default , As this can be crazy to do this when one has 100 url's to set,there gos your day
    We would advise managing the list using an external text file in this case. The additional start points window allows you to Import or Export to a CSV (comma separated values) text file. This, in turn, can be edited with programs like Microsoft Excel. Please see section 7.3 in the Users Guide for more information.

2# New search option to add a search img, so one can search img. just like Google Lycos bing has, big time needed This will help one competing with the big boys on the block
    Image indexing and searching is described here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...ins_image.html

3# A confirmation box on the delete url . Big time
    Are you referring to the option under "Index"->"Manage existing index"->"View/delete pages from existing index"? Here, you do not delete a URL until you click "Add to delete list" and then click "Proceed", and you are still then given a warning before proceeding.

If you are referring to the "Advanced spider URL options" window, then you can simply NOT save your configuration and re-load your prior configuration file to restore/undo your change.

4# A option to pick your own limitations on php or java the exceeds your limitation,
    As explained in our personal emails: first of all, there is no Java option, and Javascript is very different from Java.

Second the limits in PHP and Javascript are explained in detail throughout the software and our website (please see here), it is not OUR limitation, it is a limitation of the platform you are using. They simply are not designed to deal with that much data. It is like using a golf cart to compete in the Indy 500. Or using a toaster to cook a steak.

As explained in the URL above, use the CGI version for searching over 65,500 pages. This is a technical necessity, despite being harder to configure. Just as it is a technical necessity to assemble and learn to drive a race car to compete in the Indy 500. For lack of a better analogy.

5# A better pic option beside the search results As one should not have to set this up when a url is scanned a default pic for that url is shown beside the search results as many people identify a search result by picture, some more support for ones that are out to catalog the net.
    I think you mean we should generate our own thumbnails, as opposed to requiring there to be thumbnail files already. This is something we did consider, but it complicates setup (you would have to manage these thumbnail files on your website). Ultimately, the current design of the image search is really for people indexing and searching their own sites. Not for indexing and searching other people's sites.

We'll consider adding a feature like this for those indexing external sites, if there is the demand. I do think that there's alot of maintenance work on your behalf (i.e. our users) to manage this (it would be a lot of disk space on your server for example) that many users may not be prepared for however.

6# A skip button if your spider is stuck or cataloging way to much of one url, One click and it moves to the next url to search . this would be the worlds greatest software and i am shear many of your costumers would full agree with me.
    Interesting idea, but it means you would have to sit there and watch the indexing every time. And it would be impossible to be consistent for each index. Instead, couldn't you use the "Limit files for this start point" option? (Click "Edit" for the start point). Then you can consistently only index a certain number of pages for that point.

Or even set a global "Limit files per start point" setting ("Configure"->"Limits") so all start points / web sites have the same limit.

7# category's should be in there own folders , net ,apps, news, internet,programs, but i am not shear if it dos this now, have not tried out this option yet
    Not sure what you mean here. Categories can be specified by the folder that the page is in (matched against the URL pattern, you can have "/net/" and all files belonging in a "net" subfolder will be categorized as such).

ONE more thing 9# To have a spider added to out put folder, So it keep spidering and updating what you have already cataloged, So one would not have to keep doing it from the counsel , This option would be nice extremely nice and easy to implement with php ASP java
    You can schedule automatic indexing using the configuration file you've created (so it will re-spider the same sites). See section 2.15 in the Users Guide and also this support page.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    Can I delete the main html template so when it uploads it will not change the look i have
    Zoom does not overwrite the "search_template.html" file in the Output Directory if it exists. It only creates a new file in the Output Directory when it does not exist.

So if you always make your changes to the file in the Output Directory, then your changes will persist and not be changed.

But if you manually copy the contents of the Output Directory to another folder (where you have your customized template), then it will keep resetting your file to the default.

Alternatively, if you are modifying the file on your web server directly (i.e. the master copy of your template file is actually on the server), then you can disable the FTP upload of the file (under "Configure"->"FTP"->"Do not upload search template")

Leave a comment:

Working...
X