What would you like to see in Zoom V7 - Please post your suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IntraWEB View Post
    Ir would be most useful to have the ability to search more than one index simultaneously via the search form.

<option value="D:\htdocs\Index\FR_2011,D:\htdocs\Index\FR_ 2010,D:\htdocs\Index\OSHA_pubs,D:\htdocs\\Index\Wo rkplace_Chemicals" selected=1>

Select Index(s) to Search</i>
    <input type="checkbox" value="D:\htdocs\Index\29CFR1910" name="index"> 29 CFR - Part 1910
    <input type="checkbox" value="D:\htdocs\\Index\29FR" name="index" > Federal Register Documents (Labor) 1993 to present-->

The document collection grows every day but we need to be able to maintain multiple search indexes for each collection yet main tain the ability to search one or all. Using catagories would require that we index the entire dataset each day.
    Have you looked at our MasterNode package?

It is designed to aggregate results from multiple search nodes. Each one of these can run on a different server (for distributed purposes) or on the same server, under different URLs.

It is a free and unrestricted package to download and use, but paid support.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I'd like to second the request of MergeThis:

Originally posted by MergeThis View Post
      I'd really like to see a "Tag Stop List" (set up in the .zcfg file) that would allow me to avoid the use of the <!--ZOOMSTOP--> and <!--ZOOMRESTART--> tags in each topic and for each tag.

For example, we ignore the <H1> headings in every topic, so that it does not appear in the context description (it only duplicates the title that already appears in the results). We also ignore some "online-only" navigation sections, which also would interfere with the context descriptions.

Two problems:
      • The writers tend to "misplace" (eliminate or move) either the STOP or the RESTART.
      • Our RoboHelp editor tends to "misplace" (eliminate, move, or repeat) either the STOP or the RESTART.

Ideally, there would be a Start/Stop protocol to this stop list: ignore all content between "<h1" and "</h1>" or between "<?rh-cbt_start " and "<?rh-cbt_end ?>".

Thx,
      Leon
      I'd also like to add that it would be nice if there was an option to include only specific css class attributes, such as:

<p class="zoomindex"></p>
      <span class="zoomindex"></span>

etc.
      Hawk

Comment

Database indexing

We have a number of different intranet CMS systems, and I would like to be able to index them more easily, and consolidate the indexes for use in a separate knowledge base.
        Richard

Comment

Database indexing
          Q. How can I use Zoom to index my site stored in a database (eg. SQL, Access, etc.)?

Comment

SFTP!! I'm sure many of us would love to see an SFTP option.

Comment

Alpha now available

A V7 alpha release is now available for testing here,
              http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4676

Comment

&quot;Jump to match and highlight&quot;

Is it too late to ask for an improved "Jump to and highlight" feature? One that isn't likely to cause conflict with other JavaScript code please

Comment

The existing Jump to and highlight script in V6 was already re-written to avoid conflict. I am guessing you might be using V4 or V5?

Comment

Social forums search

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
                    We are currently in the process of working out what features should be in the next major release of Zoom.

We have collected a list of requests over the past 12 months, but we haven't actively solicited feedback until now.

It is already clear that we won't have time to implement everything that everyone has asked for, but we'll endeavour to implement the most in demand features.

What could be improved? What might open up new applications or markets for the product? What would need to be a new release to entice you to upgrade? Let us know.

I am the owner of a social group on blackplanet.com. Currently groups don't have search capability on blackplanet. If your software would allow group owners to implement search capability I would purchase it and so would other group owners. An example of what I mean can be found at this url:

http://www.blackplanet.com/groups/group.html?group_id=387395

I tried using spokeo to create a search engine for my group but it couldn't index the pages. Currently it looks like what I want can't be done. We have several hundred threads and things get buried very quickly. Having a search mechanism would greatly enhance our group.

Comment

SpokenFor , I don't think you need new features in V7 release to index your site (which is what this thread is about).

I didn't see any reason why V6 or the V7 beta won't work.

I don't know anything about spokeo. But just because it doesn't work, doesn't mean our software can't be used on your site.

I see you have a user name / password. So make sure you setup the authentication settings correctly in Zoom.

Comment

Wow, you think it would work on BP. OMG, let me try. If it works I'm sold. I'll upgrade without problem. I have been trying things for over two weeks but didn't get the results I wanted. Thank you so much for your reply back on this.

Comment

If you have a problem, start up a new thread or just E-mail us.

I think authentication will be the initial issue. See,
                          http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/auth.html

Comment

Thanks much. I will read and follow suggested methods of authentication. I think you are correct.

Comment

Still can't get zoom to index my group pages. I sent an email to you with login details. Hopefully you can figure out what I cannot. I am off to bed right now but will check back asap. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comment

Cant wait for the next release to come out.

Comment

Working...
                                X