Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid html - inline images

Hello everybody,
    my company purchased Zoom 6 Enterprise edition. All went good, but now we changed a little our site and we get "INVALID HTML" for quite all pages!
    I checked the HTML with http://validator.w3.org/ and I get NO ERRORS, so I really confused .
    Try yourself spidering from http://www.rometec.it/gpEasy/index.php/
    Where is the problem?

I had a look at the search function on your web site.

For example this search.
    http://www.rometec.it/gpEasy/index.php/Special_Search?q=timer&src=gadget

But it seems you are not using our search engine on your site. But whatever engine you are using is very very slow.

I didn't see anything obvious that would make me think the HTML was invalid. Where do you see the "Invalid HTML" message?

Comment

I had to remove the Zoom search engine. If I launch the Zoom search engine, it says that quite all web pages have invalid HTML.
      Look at this error log:

Comment

Strange HTML - inline images

I had a closer look at the HTML you are using on some of your pages and it is a bit strange.

You seem to be including images inline with the HTML code.

This is what the code from your HTML page looks like,

I did some research on this, it seems that inline images are valid HTML. But some browsers don't support them (e.g. IE5,6 & 7)

But it seems there are also length limitations for the URL length. The accepted limit is 2083 characters for a URL. But in your case you have 41324 characters. I suspect this is the problem.

Comment

As a further check I looked at your site with IE8 in XP.

With IE8 your web pages fail to load correctly. Many of the large inline images don't load.

I think this confirms there is a problem with your pages.

Comment

As noted, the data URL scheme is only suitable for small images or media data. Your inline image is too large to be used in this manner.

See RFC 2397 for details. In particular, this extract:

The "data:" URL scheme is only useful for short values. Note that
            some applications that use URLs may impose a length limit; for
            example, URLs embedded within <A> anchors in HTML have a length limit
            determined by the SGML declaration for HTML [RFC1866]. The LITLEN
            (1024) limits the number of characters which can appear in a single
            attribute value literal, the ATTSPLEN (2100) limits the sum of all
            lengths of all attribute value specifications which appear in a tag,
            and the TAGLEN (2100) limits the overall length of a tag.
            While some browsers allow a more liberal limit for the length of the URL than what is specified in the standard, you are basically risking support on a random basis, and relying on luck if the browser happens to support the size of your particular image (and they all have a URL length limit of some sort).
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

It seems you are right. A beginner webmaster inserted the images this way, now he must put them again in the "old way".
              Thank you very much!

Comment

Now is SOLVED, you can see the result with the fantastic ZOOM serch engine. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X