No announcement yet.

Error opening zoom_plugin.out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dex, can you confirm that the error message you had was, "..opening zoom_plugin.out" (there are other valid reasons for files not being indexed) so best to check it is the same issue. Can you also confirm which O/S you are using, which version of Zoom you are using and which Antivirus product you are using.

Comment

Actually, Ray, it occurred to me also, over the weekend, to copy everything to my local machine to test that.

I'll be back!

Comment

It works fine on my local machine--all .pdf files were indexed.

Quel bummer! Another set of steps to complete before indexing. Yet another reason to hate the anti-virus product that IT foisted upon us last year!

Thx again for the great support for your great product.

Leon

Comment

Error opening zoom_plugin.out

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm that I was receiving the same error messages on random pdf files. I am using Windows XP, Zoom version 5.1 (Build 1011), and "Kapersky" Antivirus.

Once again, all the pdf's are indexed successfully ONLY when I pause my antivirus product.

Thanks,
          Dex

Comment

What a coincidence that we also use the Kaspersky product (I think NOT!).

Actually, I think you have to "introduce" Zoom to Kaspersky at each session. I have one PDF very near the start of the indexing process, which always gets the error message on the first shot. I immediately stop the process, and then restart it. No problems on the second pass, on that PDF or on the other three dozen!

Leon

Comment

Thanks for the update. We'll have a look at this Kaspersky Antivirus program, and see if it is interferring with Zoom, and what can be done about it.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray and Leon.... I'll keep checking the forum for updates.

Comment

In V6 of Zoom there will be improved compatibility and tolerance of antivirus software and the Windows Indexing Service. Zoom will now deal with cases where the Windows Indexing Service or other 3rd party software (like Antivirus software) is locking Zoom's files.

We will build an internal mechanism where Zoom will attempt to open one of it's files and detect a 3rd party lock on the file, then back off for some milliseconds, the re-attempt to open the file. This will prevent most of these errors, but if a file is locked for more than several seconds there will still be an error.

For V5 you might still need to disable your Antivirus program if you see these file read and delete failures. Turning off the AV should also improve performance.

Comment

Working...
                  X