Zoom 8 is indexing content within comment tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom 8 is indexing content within comment tags

I recently upgraded from V6 to V8. I scanned a website with an existing configuration created under V6. I haven't made any changes to the configuration since the upgrade. After scanning, I noticed that content within comment tags (<!-- ... -->) was apparently indexed. On a links page, I have several links that have been commented out because they currently don't exist. The index log showed these as Missing Links.

This issue did not occur using V6. What has changed that is causing it to happen now? I cannot have commented content getting indexed.

Is there a new setting somewhere to fix this, or is this a bug in the software?

Shouldn't be a serious issue as if the links don't lead anywhere, not much if anything is being indexed. You can ignore the warnings in the indexer.

Can you post a link to the page in question.

Some non-visible content is scanned (like Javascript code) looking for navigation links that are in embedded in code.

Comment

Uncheck the option to "Parse for links in JavaScript code" under "Configure"->"Spider options"
      This option (when enabled) attempts to crawl anything resembling usable links, regardless of if they're within JS code or HTML comments.
      Your commented out content should not have been indexed. It's only crawling the links because of the feature above.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X