Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemaps not getting created

Good morning,
    Zoom 7.0, Build 1011 is not creating sitemaps since I had to re-install it from scratch on a new Windows 7 virtual (VMWare ESXi 5.5) system. Previously it created sitemaps fine on an XP system in this same environment. I did also install Zoom on my own Win 8.1 laptop to test and also it did not create the sitemaps.

The site is running SilverStripe, indexing using PHP spider and has indexed fine in the past both in Zoom 6 and 7 running under XP. My index this morning has 1976 URLs, 1927 files downloaded including 1537 PDFs, 53 .doc or .docx and 8 .xls files.

On the sitemaps page of the configuration I have both the "Text file" and "XML sitemap" boxes checked. My Sitemap Base URL is http://www.vlct.org - tried both with and without the trailing /.
    I have run it with "Include only URLs within the Sitemaps Base URL" or "Include all indexed URLs" with no change in behavior.

I do get the error:"Could not copy search script from: C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer V7\scripts\PHP or ASP\search.php [Access is denied.]" I haven't been able to resolve this even with full control permissions for both the source and destination files and wonder if that failure causes the run to fail before the sitemaps get created. However, the upload of files does happen correctly after the error above.

I also get seemingly random "[PDF plugin error] Failed to read or parse PDF file..." for 50+/- files each run, but not necessarily the same files erroring each time. I This is probably unrelated but it started happening since the install on Windows 7.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
    Jim

First thing is to update to the latest build (V7 build 1013) from here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html#windows

If you still have the problems, then check the following:

Is there any error message regarding the sitemap creation failure?

I think it would help best if you can send us the .zcfg file you are using and we can try to examine what's wrong. Also save your index log to file and send this to us. You can send files to us via email (details here)

The "could not copy search script from ..." error is either due to the user account (from which Zoom is running from) not having read access from the folder/path given, OR not having write access to the destination (which would be the "search.php" file in the output folder). The latter is possible if something else is holding the file open. And the user account may be a different account to what you are using if you are running Zoom through scheduled tasks, let us know if this is the case.

Not entirely sure on the PDF error. Are you indexing offline mode or spider mode? Are you indexing over the Intranet or the Internet? When we can see your log, this would be more clear. Is it possible that the file is not always available (e.g. network issues, web server issues, etc.)?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X