Overzealous link parsing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overzealous link parsing

Now I know that Wrensoft are glowing about Zoom 7 and rightfully so. Apparently one of the improvements is improved parsing of links. I've just re-indexed on V7 and have gone from 1 Warning in V6 (it was a little bit of spurious JS that ran some AREA code that worked fine in the browser) to 18 Warnings and 17 Broken Links in V7. I checked each of these of course and in all cases the link is wrapped in HTML comment tags which on my reckoning should actually be ignored by the ZOOM spider.

Anyone care to venture a comment please.

Try unchecking the option to "Parse for links in JavaScript code" under "Configure"->"Spider options" and see if this helps.

Can you give us the URL to the page in question and we can also take a look? PM or e-mail if you prefer.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Re-ran it - same result Ray. The URL is www.ccinsurance.org.au

Comment

Just doing some more testing Ray but I think I've found the problem and I would think its a bug. The problem, on my testing so far (just doing some more testing), occurs when the comment tag is butted up against the code its commenting out e.g.

<!--<li>...some link stuff...</li>-->

Where a space is placed inside each side of the comment tag ZOOM 7 appears to handle this OK e.g.

<!-- <li>...some link stuff...</li> -->

I say its a bug because V6 handled this OK. Just doing some more testing. If I can eliminate all errors by doing this then I think its fairly conclusive

Comment

That's fairly well nailed it Ray - I added a space inside each side of the comment tags and ZOOM was flawless.

Comment

Working...
          X