Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 bit native controls asp - install error no directory created zoomaspx

Hi
    Recently, we bought a zoom. I was able to run it perfectly on my local dev machine, but the asp control will not install on our server (windows 2012). When I run MSI install it says it's successful but the zoomaspx folder is not showing (to switch to web app). Just wondering if I am doing something wrong. I do not think that is the right. I have access to IIS and the full directory. Anyone else encountering this?

I presume you mean the ASP.NET server control. Note that ASP is not the same as ASP.NET.

You should make sure the folder you have selected to install to (from the MSI installer) is the same as the web hosted folder on your live server. If your live server is setup differently to your local dev machine, you may find that the folder paths are different. For example, the live server may not be hosting from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\, which is the default server location. Note that this folder may exist on the server but it may NOT be the folder used by the live site.

This is especially likely the case when you are on a shared hosting server, and there are multiple hosting accounts and many websites hosted on the same server.

Check with your hosting company if you can not figure out where your folders are.

The other thing to make sure is that the user account running the MSI installer actually has access rights to create a "zoomaspx" folder in the location selected. You should have seen an error during installation if this was the problem.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Well thank you for your comments I will try to see if there is a fix, I think is that if multiple accounts share it will not be the bottom line. I feel really a bit headache with it

Comment

If your web server also has PHP support, you may consider using PHP as it is much easier to have up and running. You simply index and upload the files, no server control required. Note you would not need to port the rest of your website to PHP -- only the search page will be PHP.

ASP (also known as "Classic ASP") is also relatively easy but less commonly available now on modern servers.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X