Zoom Search 7.1 (Build 1020) crashes on one site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom Search 7.1 (Build 1020) crashes on one site

I got weird problem with the latest build 1020. Here is the case.

Till this morning I had v7.1 (build 1019) installed on my Windows 10 Pro workstation (1709). I have three configurations saved for our Intranet site:
    1. First configuration is to index the whole Intranet site including all subsites (https://intranet)
    2. Second configuration is to index just Media subsite (https://intranet/media)
    3. Third configuration is to index just Committees subsite (https://intranet/committees)
    Build 1019 works without any problem with all three configurations.

Later this morning I installed v7.1 (build 1020) over the previous installation. Now Zoom Indexer works OK with Media and Committees configuration, but indexer crashes after running for a few seconds when I use first configuration to index the whole site.

This is what I get in Windows Application log:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 2/21/2018 10:58:52 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Description:
    Faulting application name: ZoomEngine.exe, version: 7.1.1020.0, time stamp: 0x5a692fa9
    Faulting module name: ZoomEngine.exe, version: 7.1.1020.0, time stamp: 0x5a692fa9
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000e5f00
    Faulting process id: 0xee0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3ab2cdce95937
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Search Engine 7.1\ZoomEngine.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Search Engine 7.1\ZoomEngine.exe
    Report Id: 1f4744e8-b0b9-4cbd-a610-1abe2d34417d
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is what I get in Zoom log:

Warning: Core engine is running slow while indexing
    Warning: Core engine is not responding. [Status code: 2}
    Critical error: Terminated indexing due to core engine not responding

What did you guys change in build 1020 so it crashes when I try to index the whole Intranet site?
    Should I re-install previous 1019 build?

Thanks.

I just re-installed previous build 1019 and it works OK with all three configurations for our Intranet site.

Comment

When did you download the 1020 build? There was an update on 1/Feb/2018 that fixed a crash bug related to parsing links in Javascript.

You can confirm this by either identifying in the index log (the core engine identifies itself as "V7.1 build 1020b") or by disabling the option under "Configure"->"Spider options"->"Parse for links in JavaScript code" (which will stop it from crashing if this is the problem).

Note that 1020b will identify as 1020 in the Windows Application log. It is only on the Core Engine line of the index log when you start indexing that it would report this, e.g.

Code:
      Core Engine: Version 7.1 (Build: 1020b) on Windows 7 [Enterprise Edition]
      Config file loaded: E:\web\v7test.zcfg
      Maximum number of files: 65000
      Maximum file size: 20971520
      If you find that you are already using 1020b, and you still get the crash when this option is enabled, please email us your entire log file (zipped) along with the .zcfg configuration file which produces the crash, and we can take a closer look.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes, I downloaded build 1020 before February 1. I downloaded again today and it is 1020b and it is working.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X