PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get my search box to transfer the search term to the search page like yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get my search box to transfer the search term to the search page like yours?

Hello.

I like the way your Home page search box transfers the user's search term to the search box on the search page. How did you do that?

Thanks,
    Shelly

It should do that by default. So long as you are using the automatic search form ("Configure"->"Search Page"->"Form Format"->"Advanced" or "Basic")

If you have disabled this form ("Do not generate") and you are using your own HTML search form, then it will not auto-populate and you will have to script this yourself. The search term is retrieved from the "zoom_query" variable in the HTTP GET parameters (i.e. the URL)
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      It should do that by default. So long as you are using the automatic search form ("Configure"->"Search Page"->"Form Format"->"Advanced" or "Basic")

If you have disabled this form ("Do not generate") and you are using your own HTML search form, then it will not auto-populate and you will have to script this yourself. The search term is retrieved from the "zoom_query" variable in the HTTP GET parameters (i.e. the URL)
      Thanks Ray. It took me a while to learn what I needed to know in order to understand your reply. But I do! Now I have another question. Should I ask it here or create another thread?

I want to call the search_template.html with a php include. I am following the instructions as best I can but it isn't working. Some of the words are there, but not the search box or the search results.

Can you help me with that?

Shelly

Comment

Originally posted by Shelly View Post
        Thanks Ray. It took me a while to learn what I needed to know in order to understand your reply. But I do! Now I have another question. Should I ask it here or create another thread?

I want to call the search_template.html with a php include. I am following the instructions as best I can but it isn't working. Some of the words are there, but not the search box or the search results.

Can you help me with that?

Shelly
        Nevermind! I found my mistake. It is working now. Thanks, Shelly

Comment

Working...
        X