Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please dont laugh...

Hello All,

My first time on this site and I really need some help. The background of all this is that my Mother hired someone to design a website for her online business. This man took the money and practically disappeared. I have since decided that I would design the site for her myself. This has not been an easy undertaking, but I find myself in the last days of this monstrous task and realize that a customer will need an effective search bar to search through all of our products (about 400 or so). This is where my problems begin. I have input widgets for the categories, which is where the product are with a detailed description and an image. All the "search box" codes i have used dont work. They seem to only pull up the text of my searches within the 6 or 7 pages of the site but do not pull up any products. What am i doing wrong? Can anyone help? Im hoping that the wronsoft product would be capable of pulling search results from the products I have painstakingly entered over the last 2 months. Someone please help. PLEASE

Originally posted by dvldawwg View Post
    All the "search box" codes i have used dont work. They seem to only pull up the text of my searches within the 6 or 7 pages of the site but do not pull up any products. What am i doing wrong?
    Are you saying that the search page IS working (you enter in a search query, a list of pages and search results come back) but only return about 6 or 7 pages from your site? This means it's mostly there but it's probably not indexing all the pages of your site (due to a configuration issue).

See these FAQs for detailed steps as to what to do:
    Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?
    Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

If you still have trouble, give us the URL to your web site and we can take a look.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X