Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continue Result Number Sequence on Subsequent Pages

Greetings!

I'm using V7 (alpha 13) and I have noticed that the Results Numbers start over at #1 on subsequent pages of Results. Is this by design, or is this a bug? I would prefer to be able to configure Zoom such that the numbers continue in sequence (eg, Page one results to be numbered 1-10, Page two results to be numbered 11-20, etc.). Is this possible, or could it be added as a new feature at some point?

Thanks!

We haven't seen that behaviour before. The numbers should continue 11 to 20 on page 2, etc. Can you give us a URL to your search page? Can you also confirm that you have not modified the search script (search.php, etc.) in any way?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Okay, that is good to know. I thought that was how it was supposed to work.

Here's a URL:
      http://transitionsmft.org/search/?zo...-1&zoom_sort=0

And I do not believe I have made any modifications to search.php. I try to avoid altering core files unless I have a really compelling reason (in which case I should definitely remember!!).

I am, however, creating my own custom search form, instead of using the default built-in one. So it may be there is something important I have missed that relates to this. I also reduced the search_template.html content to pretty much just "<!--ZOOMSEARCH-->", though I don't see how that could be the problem.

Thanks!

Comment

I'll have to take that back, it did turn out to be a bug. I was looking at a slightly older alpha build, and it turned out to have been introduced more recently. We will get it fixed for the next release.

In the meantime, you can patch your "search.php" file around line 2977, look for:

$display_num = 1;

And replace this with:

$display_num = $arrayline + 1;

This should fix the problem. Let us know if you have any further trouble, and thanks for bringing it to our attention.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Awesome, thanks! That fix works great, and thanks for finding the bug and adding it to your list to be fixed in the source!

Comment

Working...
          X