Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Migration

Hello

how can I migrate all the date (incl. password) from one computer (XP) to another (windows 7)

thanks

Exactly what data are you talking about?
    The password for what?

If you are just referring to the set of index files that Zoom makes, then you can just copy them over to the new PC, like any other file.

Comment

>>Exactly what data are you talking about?
      configuration data, result template

>>The password for what?
      license key

Comment

Now I have activated Zoom engine and copied "Zoom search Engine Indexer" to the new compuer (win 7). But I can't find
        ° the configuration file and
        ° my modified search result template.

What can I do?

Comment

The default configuration file is named "zoom.zcfg" and can usually be found here:
          C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer\

However, if you have saved your configuration to a different file (via the "File"->"Save configuration as...") option, then it may be somewhere else. You need to check which configuration file you are using and what its name is. The configuration file Zoom uses when it starts is indicated in the window title and under the "Log" tab, like so:

Config file loaded: D:\web\myconfig.zcfg

Your modified search_template.html file should be in the output folder, where your index files were created. Again, you should have a better idea where your modified file is, since you saved it. How did you modify it to begin with?
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks! I found my modified template. But there is no configuration file like "zoom.zcfg". In the original program folder (windows XP) is "settings.zdat. Could this be the config-file? I suppose that in the new installation should be a default "zoom.zcfg in the program folder (Win7)? I made some updates concerning configuration and saved it. There is no "zoom.zcfg". I was searching for .zcfg. No result!

Comment

Thanks! I found the Config-File.

Comment

Working...
              X