Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby: Strange Search page

Hi Guys

I've only had the software for about 10 minutes, but I thought I'd try it out with a recent website I've designed. I followed the instructions on indexing, but when I uploaded all the necessary files, the SEARCH PAGE looks strange. I've selected 'basic' just to see what it looks like, but when it's displayed, it looks kinda plain. ! I haven't modded the template at all, but it just seems odd (to me) there's no search box for me to enter my search criteria.

Given I'm a newby with all of this, can someone point out what I've done wrong?

http://www.junolearning.com/zoom/search_template.html

Update: OK I've realised that the search_template.html is the RESULTS PAGE, so that's why it's blank.

However if I try and launch
    http://www.JunoLearning.com/zoom/search.php - I get 'page not found' - and I know that the file is definitely 'up there'

Thanks

Steve
    Last edited by SteveP; May-31-2012, 07:21 PM. Reason: Additional info

See this FAQ for the search form,
    Q. Why is there no search form on my search page?

Did you select the PHP scripting option in Zoom? If you didn't select the PHP option, then the search.php file will not be present.

Does your server support PHP scripting?

Comment

I checked my package - and scripting has to be turned on (it's off by default). Now that it's on - I can see the page

Big smiles

Thanks

Steve
      Last edited by SteveP; Jun-01-2012, 05:06 AM. Reason: Updated info

Comment

If you're not familiar with what PHP is, you should take a look at this FAQ:
        Q. What is PHP, ASP, CGI or JavaScript? How do I determine which one I should use?

Assuming that you DID upload the "search.php" file as you said, and the server is still reporting a file not found, then it's most likely your server doesn't support PHP.

It looks like an IIS server, so it's more likely you have Classic ASP support. See the above FAQ if none of this makes sense to you.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X