Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to place results into existing web site

Howdy,

Some parts of the install for Zoom are new to me. I was able to index my site, uploaded the files, and added the seach box to my site. And it all works great! The final part I'm struggling with is how to show the resulting results page in my site, instead of showing the results as an external page, I guess.

I know it must be simple, but I can't figure it out. Once I can control where the results show up, I'm comfortable with making the tweeks.

Thanks,
    Wayne

There are two possible approaches:

(a) Simply modify the "search_template.html" file to match the rest of your site. It is a page within your site, it just doesn't aesthetically match it by default because it is a largely plain page. Add your CSS, logos, header and footer HTML here as you would if you were creating any other page to add to your site.

(b) If your site uses a CMS (Content Management System) or server-side includes for headers and footers (via PHP or ASP), then you should see this FAQ to create your own custom search page which includes the Zoom search script within it:
    Q. How can I add headers & footers to the search template using SSIs or scripts?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X