Cannot change white text in results page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot change white text in results page

Zoom Search is working for me in almost every other way, but I cannot change the colour of either the 'Result Title' or the the suggested text which is diplayed after 'Did you mean'.
    I can only find a reference to the CSS style of the 'Result Title' but cannot change the text colour, and can find no reference to the CSS style for the text between 'Did you mean' and the following '?'
    I can change the '.suggestion' style to alter the appearance of the actual text "Did you mean" from the head area of 'search_template.html'
    I can see that the text is on the results page by selecting the entire page within the browser, but as my site has a white background and the text in these two areas is white, it isn't normally visible.
    Hope you can help. TIA.
    Matt

They are just normal hypertext links so they are styled by the CSS for "a" (anchor). If you have another CSS file or other styles defined on the page, it will inherit those attributes, so you need to override them if you want the links in your search results to be different.

But since they are specified within specific DIV classes, you can also select them specifically.

To override the links for the spelling suggestion (Did you mean...) to be colored red, you would do something like this:

.suggestion a { color: #880000; }

To override the links for the result title, it will be like this:

.result_title a { color: #008800; }

Look up more information on using CSS for hypertext links. There are other selectors for specifying the color of the link when you hover over it, or when it has been visited, e.g.

.result_title a:link { color: 008800; font-weight: bold; }
    .result_title a:hover { color: 008800; text-decoration: underline }
    .result_title a:visited { color: 00FF00; font-weight: normal; }

... and so forth. Google for more information on CSS and links if you need further examples.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray - sorted it. Couldn't see the wood for the trees!

Comment

Working...
      X