Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrating zoomsearch in microsoft html file

Hi,

I want to show demo of zoom search to my team members, so I need to know how to integrate zoom search with html file. I have set the start directory and output directory in the Zoom search engine indexer. After indexing i clicked on search.html file, I got got only search this website page am not getting my content or anything. Please help

Do you have a web server? If not, then I presume you have selected the "JavaScript" platform option during indexing.

This indeed creates a "search.html" file along with a set of index files (search.js, zoom_index.js, .. etc). Assuming you have all these files in the same folder, when you open the search.html file in your browser (IE?) you may NOT see any search box because the browser is blocking JavaScript from running from a local web page.

This should be indicated clearly as the page itself should say: "You must have JavaScript enabled to use this version of the search engine". And the browser itself would also have a popup alert (either in a window or on the bottom bar of the browser depending on the version of your browser), indicating something like "Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls" and you have an option to "Allow blocked content". Clicking on that button will allow it to run.

You will not see this blocking behaviour when you host the files on a web site or CD/DVD.

If you are hosting the search page on a web server, you should consider the PHP or ASP versions which will not execute in the browser and would not be "blocked" in this manner. Also, it is much more efficient and capable with server-side scripting.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I tried with PHP too..I am getting the same output. I am getting only search page but on the right hand side nothing is been displayed. Last time when I integrated zoom search with RoboHelp it was working fine.

Comment

Ruhi, you are really going to have to make the effort and provide some additional details if you want any useful advice.

Comment

I want to integrate zoom search in my user guide. The user guide is in .doc format. As zoom search free edition does not support .doc and pdf formats, i converted .doc into html and now i want to integrate zoom search with my .htm user guide. So i set the start directory and output directory in Zoom search engine indexer and then after indexing search.html, search.js, settings.js, zoom_index.js, .. etc files were created. When i clicked on search.html only search page was available. That is the output page had the following content:

Search this site
          Enter one or more keywords to search for using the Zoom Search Engine.
          Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported.
          Results per page: 10 20 50 100

Match: any search words all search words.

Nothing else was there.

Previously when i integrated zoom search with RoboHelp, it was working fine. When I clicked on search.html it had three tabs on the left hand side (Contents, index and search) and there was content on the right hand side. Why am I not getting the correct output now? What is the problem? Please help. I need to give a demo on this.

Comment

Are you still using Robohelp? Or is this just standalone now?

What browser are you using? Did you try a different browser?

Sounds like the the Javascript script isn't executing. Do you have Javascript enabled in your browser?

Did you edit the search_template.html file and accidentally remove references to the Javascript script?

If you still have a problem can you Zip up the search output files and E-mail them to us.

Comment

No I am not using RoboHelp now.

Yes Java script is enabled.

I tried opening search.html in both Mozilla Firefox as well as in Internet Explorer.

Ok, i will mail you the zipped search output files.

Comment

Got the files

I tested your files in IE and Chrome, and it worked fine.
                I sent you a screen shot.

My guess is still that you have Javascript disabled, or some 3rd party plug-in / utility blocking Javascript.

Comment

Working...
                X