Indexing page text in the javascript version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing page text in the javascript version

I canīt get the Zoom Indexer javascript version to search for pagetext. Is it not possible? I use the php version in another site and there it functions well.

Gunilla

For others looking at this thread, this is the response given in the email you sent in regarding this issue:

----

Looks like you have the following line in your source of your page

<meta name="robots" content="index,nofollow" />

This tells the indexer to not to follow links on the page. If you want Zoom to ignore the "robots" specified action, you can go to "Configure->Spider options" and under "Advance spider mode options", uncheck the "Enable 'robots.txt' support" checkbox.

----

Comment

If you're referring to "pagetext" as in context description... then you should note that context descriptions and exact phrase matching is not available in the JavaScript version as listed here. That's why you should use PHP or ASP or CGI when you can. JS is only preferred if you are not on a web server.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
        For others looking at this thread, this is the response given in the email you sent in regarding this issue:

----

Looks like you have the following line in your source of your page

This tells the indexer to not to follow links on the page. If you want Zoom to ignore the "robots" specified action, you can go to "Configure->Spider options" and under "Advance spider mode options", uncheck the "Enable 'robots.txt' support" checkbox.

----
        Thank you so much!

Of course it was the metatag
        which was the problem.
        It was included by another developer and I hadnīt seen it.

/Gunilla

Comment

Working...
        X