Trailing apostrophe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailing apostrophe

I posted a question 10-27-11 about Zoom not indexing a trailing apostrophe. Although 505 people have read the question no one has responded. Is this a really stupid question? Just wondering what happened?

Found the other post.

Some of the 505 'people' would have been other spiders, like Google. So real the human view count would be significantly less.

Looks like we we just accidentally missed it. Might have been a busy day.

What script are you using? (PHP, ASP, CGI, JS)
    What version of Zoom are you using?
    Can you post the URL for the page in question.

Comment

I'm using PHP, Zoom 6.0. The page http://www.upayahouse.com/books/PlatinumLoop/PlatinumLoop.php has - Williams' - in the second paragraph from the bottom but a search doesn't find it.

Thanks.

Comment

We had a look but can't really see the problem.

When we search for either "Williams" or "Williams'" (with or without a trailing apostrophe), we see that PlatinumLoop.php page as the 2nd result out of 6 results total.

Note that the words (with or without the trailing apostrophe) are the same regardless of word joining rules. Those rules do not apply for trailing apostrophes (only trailing "+" and "#" characters have different rules for the purposes of words like C++ or C#).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

"Note that the words with or without the trailing apostrophe are the same"

I guess that's the answer. I was thinking (hoping) that I could search for Williams' and only find the one instance in the site.

Thanks for looking at it.

Comment

Working...
          X