Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add GIF background to search results page

Hi,
    I recently installed the Zoom Pro Search on www.dickgilbert.com. (My search form is located at www.dickgilbert.com/search.htm.)

I'm sure this question has been addressed a hundred times, but haven't had any luck finding the answer: How do I add a GIF image for the background (instead of white or a solid color) on the search results page?

Many thanks!

Dick

There are several ways.

Edit the search_template.html page.

Then do something like,

<body background="drkrainbow.gif">
    or
    <body background="######">
    for a color of your choosing.

See also this FAQ for more details of changing the look of the results page,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html

Comment

Many thanks for your prompt response. It works like a charm!

One other quick question: Do I need to upload all of the newly created web pages each time I run the Zoom Indexer?

And FYI, I plan to slowly continue to customize my Results page SO will likely tug on your shirtsleeve for further help from time to time since I'm a 72-year-old "cut-'n-paste" webmaster.

Thanks again.

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by Dick View Post
        One other quick question: Do I need to upload all of the newly created web pages each time I run the Zoom Indexer?
        To update the search engine on your website, you need to reindex and then upload (only) the files listed at the end of indexing in a window titled "Required Files". You can setup Zoom to do this for you with FTP.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X