Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previewing site in local host

Hi,

I'm using Expression Web for my sites. For ASPX pages, I usually preview them through the localhost in Expression before I upload the pages to the server.

However, on the pages with the Zoom Search, I get an error:

Could not load file or assembly 'ZoomASPX' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I'm sure it's because it's not referencing the server. Is there a way to get around this so I can preview locally? I don't really even care if the search would work locally - I just want to preview my pages to make sure I didn't mess anything up before I publish it to the server.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jane

As far as we know, Expression Web's preview feature is not capable of hosting a server control in this manner. It is not a full featured web server.

If you want to preview a site which utilizes server-side scripting or controls, it is generally recommended to setup a local IIS web server. This way, it will at least roughly correspond to the live server (especially if you get the same version of IIS). Otherwise you will find many situations where you will have something "working" as desired in your preview and it behaving very differently (or completely not working) when you publish to your live server.

Note that you do not have to use the ASP.NET Server Control (ZoomASPX). There are alternatives. Here, one of our users wrote a tutorial on using the PHP version of Zoom with their Expression Web site:
    http://www.expression-web-tutorials....om-search.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X