Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outputting search results page to an iframe web page

Hi Guys,

Im new to this software and slowly finding my way around it, I am using the free version at the moment, is there a way to output the search retults into an inline frame in an existing webpage so it keeps the look of the site??

Cheers John

PS - I am not a programmer so please go easy....

Yes you can do it.

I use one link to my IFrame
    HTML Code:
    <a href="search.html" target="Main1a">Search</a>
    My Iframe name is 'main1a'.

I also use a small search box to point to the same 'main1a' Iframe.
    HTML Code:
    <form method="get" action="search.html" target="Main1a">
    <table cellpadding="0px" cellspacing="0px">
    <tr><td style="border-style:solid none solid solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" style="width:100px; border:0px 
    solid; height:17px; padding:0px 3px; position:relative;" />
    </td>
    <td style="border-style:solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
    <input type="submit" value="" style="border-style: none;
    background: url('searchbutton3.gif') no-repeat; 
    width: 24px; height: 20px;" /></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>
    In both cases all I'm doing is placing the search.html page inside of my main1a Iframe.

Comment

Hi Hide F,

I am kinda getting this to work but there is now a problem, the results are displayed in the iframe no problem, but then when a results link is clicked it shows still in the iframe.

Can't it effectivly go back to the main site instead of showing in the iframe.

Regards John

Comment

Look under Configure/Search Page and you should see "Results Linking".
        You'll have the options:
        Current Window
        New Window
        Frame or Window

I think New or Current Window may work for you.

Comment

After experimenting around with this I'm now confused on how you guys managed to get this into the iframe. In your html code, how do you get it to read "action:search.html" with it still working? Sorry, I've been looking at code for the past 12 straight hours on various things. If I'm over looking something please let me know.

Thanks,

Comment

Hidef1080's example above uses the Javascript version of the search script. So "search.html" is the search page. If you are using the PHP platform, then it would be "search.php" ("search.asp" for ASP, and "search.cgi" for CGI).

He created a search form in HTML which submits to the search page, with the target= attribute of the corresponding IFRAME name. The action= attribute should point to the search page.

This is just HTML for targeting a form to submit to an IFRAME. There is nothing specific about Zoom here really, so other examples online on the topic should also help.

But let us know if you still can't get it to work, perhaps by also providing a URL to your pages so we can take a look at what you're doing wrong.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
              Hidef1080's example above uses the Javascript version of the search script. So "search.html" is the search page. If you are using the PHP platform, then it would be "search.php" ("search.asp" for ASP, and "search.cgi" for CGI).

He created a search form in HTML which submits to the search page, with the target= attribute of the corresponding IFRAME name. The action= attribute should point to the search page.

This is just HTML for targeting a form to submit to an IFRAME. There is nothing specific about Zoom here really, so other examples online on the topic should also help.

But let us know if you still can't get it to work, perhaps by also providing a URL to your pages so we can take a look at what you're doing wrong.
              Okay, I managed to get the search.html to show up under an iframe. Only problem now is that by directing the action to a similar looking html page (continuity) the user is forced to search twice. Any suggestions?

HTML Code:
              <form method="get" action="results.html"  Target="main1a">
              <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />
              <input type="submit" value="search" />
              </form>
              my iframe:

HTML Code:
              <iframe name="main1a" src="search.html" frameborder="0" height="1000" width="650">
                        </iframe>
              Last edited by mrusho; Sep-29-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Okay, I got it working even without an iframe but accomplishing the same end result. Thanks for the help. I can post my code if necessary.

Have a great one!

Comment

Working...
                X