Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with 64bit (I think)

Hi,

We're working on getting this installed on one site, but hoping it's easy enough that we can get it running on multiple sites.

We have it working (and looking good) on a local copy of the site. The indexing is great and it was easy to implement. It works well on our 32 bit computers.

We can't preview locally on our 64 bit machines. I get the error "Could not load file or assembly 'ZoomASPX' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

The same thing happens when we publish to our 64 bit Windows Server2008.

I followed the instructions in section 3.2 of the user guide and converted my zoomaspx folder to an application. (The folder icon was changed to the one that the aspxtest icon uses in the example image in 3.2 of the user guide.)

I also found the FAQ that says I need to set the application pool to enable 32 bit.

http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_aspdotnet.html#inheritwebconfig

(I did this on the server, but haven't found a way to do that on my local 64 bit W7 machine.)

You can see what I have set up in these two images:
    This is the site where it's installed in IIS7.
    This is the advanced settings for the associated application pool.

I'm excited about this and think it's a great solution...if I can get it to work on the server.

Thanks,
    Jane

Try the 64-bit server control here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/zoomaspx64.msi

And let us know if you still have troubles.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks! I'll give that a try and let you know.

Comment

Worked perfectly! Thanks so much!! Now that we see how easy it is to use (and style), we're going to purchase it to use it on larger sites too.

Comment

Working...
        X