Simple question about the search engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple question about the search engine

It looks as if this search engine only searches through pages in someone's site. I need a search engine that searches through my database to find certain things. Will this search engine be able to look in a database or is it strictly for web pages?

Your question is answered in our FAQ support page,

How can I use Zoom to index my site stored in a database (eg. SQL, Access, etc.)?

Comment

Oh ok thanks! Will this search engine allow users to search by a specific category? I mean, if I put a dropdown list next to the search box and in the dropdown list it says Name, Feature, Description.....will this search engine be able to search by name, feature, description?

Comment

Yes. The Custom Meta Field feature is probably what you want. See this support page for details:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...ta_fields.html
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ok, thank you guys. One more question though. Do all the records in the database count as individual pages? I'm not really sure what qualifies and am trying to guess at what version I should get. I was hoping the $99 version would suit me but the database is huge.

Comment

Each URL counts as a page.

You should also consider other possibilities. If you are just trying to do a simple field based search, and you have a SQL database. Then maybe you can write a SQL query to do the job.

Comment

Working...
            X