Build 1026

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build 1026

Any news on the ETA for V6.0 build 1026? I understand it will include a file locking mechanism to prevent the problems we are having with uploading the temp index files. The last I heard was it would hopefully be available in a couple of weeks and that was back on 4/15.

Originally posted by mkrob View Post
    Any news on the ETA for V6.0 build 1026? I understand it will include a file locking mechanism to prevent the problems we are having with uploading the temp index files. The last I heard was it would hopefully be available in a couple of weeks and that was back on 4/15.
    Sorry for the delay. One of the original issues that prompted the need for such a mechanism was that we believed it was causing an elusive crash problem for a number of users. We have since found the real root cause of this crash and been working on a fix to address this in the next build.

Going back to your original thread, the details also indicate that you were experiencing crashes. It might be that a crashed instance of the CGI is holding open the .zdat files, preventing the next index from overwriting them. This might be the real problem rather than needing a locking mechanism to avoid searches being submitted at the same time.To verify this, try disabling Spelling Suggestions ("Configure"->"Search Page"->"Provide spelling suggestions ...", save this configuration change and re-index. See if you still experience this problem afterwards.The bug we found is a memory leakage issue within the spelling suggestions code. We will be fixing this for the next build, but in the meantime, disabling the feature should avoid the issue.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X