Move Search Box Below Meta Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Search Box Below Meta Fields

I'm trying to configure the appearance of my search page (php) and I can't seem to find any instructions on how to move the search box and submit button. My search page consists of numerous meta fields to search by, so I'd prefer if the submit button was at the bottom (or after the user has selected their search criteria). If anyone could spoon feed me directions on how to do this I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

See chapter 6.7 "Advanced Template Options" of the Users Guide:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

You can specify the order of the individual form elements, something more like:

<!--ZOOM_SHOW_FORMSTART-->
    <!--ZOOM_SHOW_SEARCHBOX-->
    <!--ZOOM_SHOW_CUSTOMMETAOPTIONS-->
    <!--ZOOM_SHOW_SEARCHBUTTON-->
    <!--ZOOM_SHOW_FORMEND-->

Note that you will need to remove the default <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag and specify the location of all the other individual elements (e.g. where the results will appear, where the suggestions, summary, pagination, etc.)
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for replying to my post. However, I'm still not having any luck. I apologize for my lack of knowledge when it comes to this type of coding but my experience lies mostly with HTML. When you say I will need to remove the default <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag, does that pertain to the whole search.php file or just in certain places throughout the code? I believe in the user guide it states that you only need to remove the "!--" so I am slightly confused.

Comment

my experience lies mostly with HTML
        This is HTML.

The changes need to be made in the search_template.html file.

Comment

OK, I don't see any instance of <!--ZOOM_SHOW_FORMSTART--> or the others (listed by Ray) in the "search_template.html" file. However, I have found this code in the search.php file. Apparently, I can rearrange these items and it will change the appearance, but I am unclear as to where in the code I need to remove the <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag. Plus, I thought the search template file dealt more with fonts and colors? I realize my knowledge is limited and these questions are dumb, so I appreciate you reiterating that this is HTML in your two sentence reply.

Comment

Ignore the PHP file. Don't touch it.

Step 1:
            You start with the file we provide, search_template.html (in your output directory)
            Load it in Notepad.

Step 2:
            You remove the tag, <!--ZOOMSEARCH-->

Step 3:
            You add the following tags in any order you want.
            <!--ZOOM_SHOW_FORMSTART-->
            <!--ZOOM_SHOW_SEARCHBOX-->
            <!--ZOOM_SHOW_CUSTOMMETAOPTIONS-->
            <!--ZOOM_SHOW_SEARCHBUTTON-->
            <!--ZOOM_SHOW_FORMEND-->

This will give you the form. You will also need elements like:
            <!--ZOOM_SHOW_HEADING-->
            <!--ZOOM_SHOW_SUMMARY-->
            <!--ZOOM_SHOW_RESULTS-->

.. etc. to specify the other elements of the search results. This is all detailed in the Users Guide chapter given above. Please read this.

Step 4:
            Save the file from Notepad

Comment

This couldn't have been more clear and concise. Thank you so much for your patience and assistance, I truly appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
              X