Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loggong with CGI on IIS7

Hi again

I have now bought the pro version and so far so good. THe only thing that doesn't work is the logging for the statistics. I have created the folder and gave it proper permissions, that's 100%, but it still says "no such file or folder". It has to do with cgi-bin somehow I have read your troubleshooting guide for logging and I tried setting absolute path like: d:\inetpub.... but it doesn't work, seem to be some magic quotes problem because it says that the file d:\\inetpub\\ etc... isn't found, which suggest that the \ get mungled to double \\

Any ideas how to make relative paths with CGI to work?

Did you see the section entitled, "Getting logging working for the CGI version on a Windows Server 2003 machine with IIS 6.0" at the bottom of this page?
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/logging.html

It's important to have the permissions specified for the account which IIS runs under, not just the permissions in IIS. See that section for more details.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes, I have read everything before I wrote here and I set the permissions for IIS application pool process and the web user, but no luck.

For test I made logs folder everyone permission with full control to see if permission is the problem. I still get:

"No such file or directory. Log filename and path not found (./logs/searchwords.txt). Check that you specified the correct log filename in your Indexer settings."

I have made emtpy "logs" folder in the zoom search folder and set permission to "everybody - full control". And it says there is no such file or folder
      Last edited by jerry2; May-16-2011, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Note the FAQ regarding how relative paths in IIS 6 are relative to the base website folder, not the cgi folder. We recommended using absolute paths instead, like:
        c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\logs\searchwords.txt

The double slashes in the error message (of your original post) is not a problem.

I just tested this on Server 2003 and it worked fine as described in the FAQ.

Make sure you go to Windows Explorer, right-click on the folder, select "Properties" then "Security". Click on the "Internet Guest Account" (presuming this is what you have IIS configured to use), and check the Allow column for "Modify" (which will tick "Write", etc.)

It's worth following the instructions specifically and selecting the right user account. It's possible the "Everyone" account permission is being overridden by the later account permissions.

You need to also make sure it doesn't conflict with other inherited settings for that user account. But that should generally do it, on default setups.

Did you also confirm if the logging behaviour was different when accessing the CGI directly rather than through the ASP scripted include as mentioned in your other thread?
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I have not tried to log the statistics with ASP module, I'll try that also!

Comment

Working...
          X