result_pages formatting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• result_pages formatting

I am evaluating Zoom Search Engine v6 - it is a great a product.

Is it possible to get a result page formatted like this one?
    http://search.ign.com/product?query=kinect

(sorry, I was not able to upload a picture with just the result formatting)

I was able to get that formatting partially using result_pages. The problem is the format related to the current selected page.

Thank you!

You won't be able to exactly match this without some custom development. In the page you referred to each result has around 12 outgoing links, plus pop up login windows, game rankings, etc...

Image thumbnails, categories, links to the HTML page are all fine however.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer. I am sorry, but my question was not so clear. Actually I am just interested in the part that has the links for the pages with results: 1 2 3 4 5 Next >>

I was able to reproduce that format, except for the current page. Checking the documentation I think it is not possible as there is not a specific class for the selected page.

Anyway, this is a great software and the CGI search page provides good customizing options.

Thank you!

Comment

That's correct that there is no special style class for the currently selected page. It is styled the same way as the "Result pages:" text.

But if you don't mind changing this to appear the same way, you can change it via ".result_pages", and overriding the attributes in ".result_pages a" (the linked pages).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X