Search template.html problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search template.html problem

I downloaded the free version to experiment with, did a brief website crawl , saved it to my to my desktop and then launched the search template html doc.

I didn't get a page with a search field, it's basically an empty page that simply says

Search this site
    Enter one or more keywords to search using the Zoom Search Engine.
    Note that '*' and "?" wildcards are supported.

But there is nothing else on the page.

Thanks

Nevermind, I realize php needs to be installed to read the results.

Comment

Yes, if you are using the PHP (search.php) option, then you will need PHP installed on the server.

Comment

Opening "search_template.html" will, by default, always get you a relatively blank page (without the search form). That file is only used by the search script ("search.php", "search.asp", "search.cgi").

So even when you upload it to your (PHP enabled) web server, you need to make sure to open the right page ("search.php") and not the template page.

The JavaScript version will run offline (without a server and without PHP) but it is more limited. The page to open for that platform option is "search.html".

This is documented in the Users Guide under the "Files required" section of either chapter 3 (for PHP/ASP/CGI) or chapter 4 (for JavaScript).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X