Documents without links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents without links

Our site has about 1000 documents that are not linked to from any of our web pages. I have purchased V6-Professional Edition and have it working well as a search engine for these documents by creating the index on locally stored files and then uploading. I did it this because when I ran it as a spider, it missed files that had no links to them.

So you know, these files - mostly PDFs - can be searched but are not necessarily listed on the site. I am in the midst of rebuilding the site, including replacing the outdated search function.

I would like to be able to search both the static documents with no links, and the web pages in the CMS. It seems that I can do one or the other but not both. Being new to Zoom, I may have missed how to configure it to do both. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Jim

Click on the "More" button next to the "Spider URL". You can add multiple start points, so one point would be your CMS, and another would be to your index page which links to all those files that are "not linked" from the CMS.

You can even just avoid needing to create the index page and just add each of these "unlinked" URLs in as an individual start point. See the Help section on multiple start points for more information.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray

I'll try that.
      Jim

Comment

Working...
      X