Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspx Search Page - needs little clarifiaction

Hello,
    i have a zoom v6 and i read the page where you explain how to make a .aspx page as the search page replacing the search template, i have some questions i just need clarification on.
    will the search_template.html still be relevant if i make the results display in the .aspx page?
    i didnt understand this section of ur explaination:
    "
    Change the contents of "search_template.html" appropriately (since the output of the CGI is now within your ASPX file, you probably would not need another set of <html> or <head> tags)
    "
    if not can i just copy the .css design from my html page and place in the .aspx page or i need to have some special coding for that?

and finally with regards to this section:
    "
    Specify the "LinkBack URL" setting in the indexer configuration window (under the "Advanced" tab). This will allow links generated by the CGI (eg. for "Next page of results", etc.) to point to the file where you have pasted the above code, rather than the CGI itself. For example, if you have included the above code in "mysearch.aspx", then you should specify "mysearch.aspx" as your LinkBack URL. "
    i believe that "mysearch.aspx" would be the name of the page that i create to display the result?

You can leave the "search_template.html" file blank except for the line:

<!--ZOOMSEARCH-->

Since it is now only a portion of the output, and your <html>, <head> and other tags are more likely part of your search.aspx page.

And yes, "mysearch.aspx" would be the name of the page which will be displaying the search results.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

If i wanted could i leave the <head> and <html> tags, and other css properties in the search_template.html page, and just have the code on the .aspx page?

Comment

Yes, but just take into regard what the output is going to look like. That is, when you open up the page in your browser, click View Source, and see if that still makes a coherent HTML page.

If you have <html> and <head> in the search_template.html file, then presumably, your .aspx page doesn't output any content or tags prior to calling the search control.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

css properties

what page am in to place the css properties?

Comment

You can inline it within <style> ... </style> on your .aspx page or link to an external .css file. Just like any other CSS, it just needs to be within the <head> ... </head> section of the page.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X