Search Result in a different page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Result in a different page

Is it possible in Zoom Search offline (javascript) to have 2 pages; search.html (search form) and "results.html" (page where you get only the results page but without the search form)??

Thanks!!

You can achieve this by turning off the generated search form (in the Indexer, under "Configure"->"Search Page"->Change the dropdown for search form from "Advanced" to "Do not generate"). This means "search.html" will be your results page.

Then you just create a new web page (which will be your search form page) with a form as described here:
    Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

Using the search engine offline.

I guess you have to post to a PHP file, otherwise that would not be a problem.

I am testing and developing all my PHP offline. Therefore I am using a localhost Apache server - with other worlds a WAMP installation - on my Computer(WINDOWS Apache Mysql PHP) .

Hope that helped !

Claus

Comment

The above question should not matter whether they are posting to a PHP file or otherwise. Not really sure what you mean there.

The only difference would be that the search form HTML needs a different action= attribute.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X