Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language file could not be found

Hello,
    I've been searching for an answer to this but haven't found it yet.

I currently have Zoom Search Version 6 build 1016. It has been installed on a 64-bit Windows Server 2008 machine. Everything works fine, with the exception of 1 problem. Every time I open Zoom Search it gives me the following error:

The .zlang language file specified in your .zcfg configuration file could not be found in Zoom's "lang" installation folder.

Please make a new selection for your language file (or copy the required file to the "lang" folder).

Under C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer folder there is a "lang" folder with the appropriate .zlang files in it. Also, under C:\Program Files(x86)\Zoom Search Engine 6.0\ there was not a "lang" folder but I did copy one there with the appropriate .zlang files within it.

So at this point, I always get the error upon opening, but I can select English.zlang and run the indexer and everything works fine from there.

Any ideas on what I need to do to prevent the error from occurring upon opening Zoom Search?

Thanks!

Originally posted by watersc View Post
    Under C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer folder there is a "lang" folder with the appropriate .zlang files in it. Also, under C:\Program Files(x86)\Zoom Search Engine 6.0\ there was not a "lang" folder but I did copy one there with the appropriate .zlang files within it.
    It isn't necessary to make a copy of those files into the latter folder.

The problem is that your file permissions in Windows is setup to restrict the user account you are running Zoom under, from accessing the "C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer\" folder for directory listing. Note that you may have permission to open files, but apparently you don't have permission to list files (which Zoom depends on to show you the dropdown list of files available.

There must be some new security policy in Server 2008 that is doing this, as we've had 2 other users mention this over the last few months. I thought they just had a system administrator who went too far with security policies, but perhaps not.

We haven't narrowed it down to what that setting or policy is because this is not the default behaviour in a Server 2008 install.

So make sure you have permission to list the content of those folders (including C:\ProgramData\), specifically for the user account that you are running Zoom under (note if it is not the same account as what you are logged in as).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Well, under the user account that I log into I have checked permissions for the lang folder and it is set to full control. Even looking at "Effective Permissions" everything is checked. That user account is setup as an administrator. Administrators, users, the individual user account, were even all set to have full control. Even right clicking on the Zoom Search program and selecting "Run as Administrator" did not change things.

Also, when I open Zoom Search, I can get the dropdown list of language files - select one and save the configuration. But when I open it again, the language file is missing again. So it seems like I do have permissions to list based on what you said.

So I am still stuck right now. Any additional help/thoughts on this issue?

Comment

A bit strange. Maybe your .ZCFG configuration file is corrupted, did you ever edit this file outside of Zoom? Can you e-mail it to us so we can take a look?

I also noticed that you are actually using a relatively older build according to your original post. Download and install the latest build to make sure we're looking at the same thing:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you Ray! Yes, I did edit the .zcfg file. We copied it over from our old server. At some point, I modified the path to the language file (not sure why now) so that it was the full path (incorrect though) and not just English.zlang. Took the full path out, and now I don't have that problem anymore. I didn't think to compare my file with the default .zcfg file until you mentioned editing it outside of Zoom Search. My apologies and many thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X