PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ability to search meta tags and display in search results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to search meta tags and display in search results?

I have my pages setup now to index pages based on meta descriptions and param name tags to display search results.

I've come across a situation where I would like display what is inside the meta tags content field. However it seems the search engine will only display results from what is inside the param's value field.

This will result in me having to make a param and meta tag with the same information. The reason I'm doing this is to be able to index certain information from a page, but also have that information displayed with the rest of the content on the search results page.

Is there a way to have the search index use not only the meta information for indexing, but also display that information on the search results. Kind of similar to the way the meta tag ZOOMTITLE is used (it not only uses it for indexing purposes, but also display that information on the search results as well).

Thank you in advance!

The meta description is displayed if you enable it to be shown under "Configure"->"Results Layout"->"Meta Description". This will always show the meta description for each search result, and should be enabled by default.

Note that you will need to re-index for this setting change to take effect.

If however, by "meta description" you are not actually referring to a meta tag named description, such as:
    <meta name="description" content="My page is about bicycles">

But instead one with a different name like:
    <meta name="pagedesc" content="My page is about bicycles">

Then you should take a look at our Custom Meta Fields feature as described here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...ta_fields.html

Hope that helps. Also remember <meta> tags need to be within the <head>...</head> section of a page.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X