V6 Still triggers Word as its Pathetic HTML Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 Still triggers Word as its Pathetic HTML Editor

I've read the thread on V5, but V6 does the same thing no matter what I do in XP file associations. Has anyone conquered this?

Zoom only asks Windows to open the HTML file with the associated program for the "Edit" command (note that this is different from the "Open" command). Zoom itself does nothing with file associations, and does NOT ever associate a file extension with Microsoft Word.

So your XP file associations somehow still have Word assigned to editing HTML files and you haven't successfully changed it yet. This page has some steps:
    http://windowsxpntricks.blogspot.com...n-actions.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for your response: Zoom only asks Windows to open the HTML file with the associated program for the "Edit" command (note that this is different from the "Open" command).
      But Dreamweaver IS set as the default editor in WinXP, and it opens correctly from other programs including Windows Explorer itself, but when I select the Modify Template button on the indexing screen of Zoom, Word opens.
      Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Chromer View Post
        But Dreamweaver IS set as the default editor in WinXP, and it opens correctly from other programs including Windows Explorer itself,
        Did you determine this by opening the file by right-clicking on the HTML file in Windows Explorer and selecting "Edit"? This is not the same as right-clicking on the file and selecting "Open with Dreamweaver" nor is it the same as double-clicking the file (which is associated with the "Open" action).

Microsoft actually dropped the "Edit" action in Vista and Win7 due to how much they've messed it up through the years, so I believe we're going to have to change this in the next version and allow users to associate an editor within Zoom itself (and not depend on Windows' defaults).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X