form header problem - Cannot modify header information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form header problem - Cannot modify header information

First. I'M NOT A TECH. I just try to maintain my small agency website.

I purchased pro Zoom. I got it to work in the searches YIPPEE. Now, I'm trying to make the search page look nice. I have it all pretty good, except at the top of the page, i see this;

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/26/6371226/html/1_ASSETS/public-zoom/search.php:2) in /home/content/26/6371226/html/1_ASSETS/public-zoom/search.php on line 126

I don't understand what it means and can't figure out how to get rid of it. I would be grateful for your help.

Did you modify our PHP script?

The error is saying that a line 2 of the search.php file HTTP header information was sent back to the browser, but then on line 126, another request was made for the same header to be sent. But you can only have 1 HTTP header per HTML page. Thus you get an error.

But in the search.php script that we supply, line #2 is just a comment. So the error above would seem to be very unlikely unless you have modified our script (and broken it).

If you want to change the way the search result page looks see this FAQ.

Comment

I couldn't say whether I modified the php or not. I have reloaded everything. I'm still getting the same error message. I'm lost here in the midst of tech talk.

Comment

If you have ever opened "search.php" in another program, be it FrontPage, Dreamweaver, or Notepad, and then made any changes to it and saved it, then you have modified the "search.php" file. If you have had someone else work on your site before, then you might want to consult with them.

Having said that, if that's the only problem you are seeing, you might be able to circumvent it by opening Zoom Indexer, clicking on "Configure"->"Advanced" and checking the option to "Disable charset enforcing on search script". You will then need to re-index and re-upload the files (save your configuration in Zoom if you want it to remember this change).

This is normally not necessary, but in the case that someone else (maybe you hired a developer to work on your site) has modified your "search.php" file or embedded it within another script for you, then this should serve as a quick workaround to the problem.

Hope that helps.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

messed up php

It appears my php was changed. I tried the "charset" button, that didn't work. I uninstalled it and deleted the files from my C drive and reinstalled it. I am getting the same message! Oh my, now what? Help me please.
          Last edited by jrice; Nov-16-2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

How was the file changed? Maybe the new copy of the file was also changed?

If you want to temporarily send us FTP details for your site we can have a more detailed look at the problem.

Comment

Fixed!

I"m not exactly sure how I fixed it, but I did. Thanks for all your support and attempts to help me.

Have a fabulous week!

Comment

Yes I just had a look at your site using the details you provided by E-mail, see no error.

So it is all good.

Comment

Working...
                X