Search term highlighting with multiple terms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search term highlighting with multiple terms

Is it possible to have search term highlighting for multiple terms? For example if I have some text like

Harvard University, Allston, Cambridge, the Boston region, the Charles River
    and I search (with "any search words" checked) for:

"Cambridge" "Charles River"
    it does report that it found one search result containing all search terms, but it only highlights the first term, in this case "Cambridge"

Are you talking about highlighting on the search results page, or highlighting on a HTML page that contains the text in question, or highlighting in a PDF file that contains the text in question.

If you are you talking about highlighting on the search results page, then what script option are you using (PHP, ASP, etc..).

Comment

I'm talking about the highlighting that shows up in the context description of the search results page.

I'm using CGI on Windows.

Comment

Actually, I tried again using CGI on windows and it works!

The issue I was having was when I ran the same CGI-based zoom files through the flying ant server...

Comment

That's odd, it shouldn't behave different in FlyingAnt. Perhaps you're using different versions of the CGIs? For example, if you only copy over the index files to your FlyingAnt installation, and you're using the CGI files that came with the FlyingAnt demo (which are a few builds behind).
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X