Problem With Offline Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Offline Mode

Six months ago, I created an Intranet site for my company. I used the Offline Mode to index the site on the test server and the seach function worked very well.

We are ready to move the site to the production server, which is just another internal server that our network services team will point users to when we are ready to go live. I have tried re-indexing the site to point to the new server, but to no avail. I get the dreaded "Page cannot be found" error.

I am not sure what I am doing differently than before when I used the tool successfully for the development server. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mary

I assume the indexing went OK, and you can do a search and get search results. And it is just when you click on a link in the search results that you get a page not found error?

This is probalby due to the use of the wrong base URL in offline mode. What was the base URL that you used? What is an example (wrong) URL in the search results, and what whould that URL need to be to be correct?

Comment

No, I don't even get the search page. When I enter a search term in the search box I get the "page cannot be found" message. No search page comes up. The base URL is different from the test server. For example, the test server is something like: http://devs6000/testserver/IntranetSite. The new address is something like http://lzb6000/IntranetSite.

Comment

I assume this is a search box you created in HTML?

You probably just need to fix up the HTML form.

So if this was for example your code for your search form,

Code:

<form method="get" action="search.php">
        <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />
        <input type="submit" value="Search" />
        </form>
        Then you need to make sure the "action" contains a valid URL to the search script.

Comment

Yes, I have the code entered correctly with a valid URL. Tried indexing again today and no luck. Maybe we just launch the Intranet without a search function.

Comment

And if it helps to know, I have the registered Professional edition of Zoom.

Comment

If you are talking about a search form on a page besides "search.php" then it is HTML that you placed there and re-indexing would have no affect on this.

If entering something into the search form then gives you a Page Not Found 404 error, then it means your search form has an action= attribute which is pointing to an invalid URL. Again, Zoom has no control of this.

To clarify your situation, can you confirm:
              - What page / URL is the search form on, that you are referring to
              - What happens when you type a search query into the search form on the "search.php" page?
              - Please tell us if you have disabled the auto-generated search form and entered a search form on "search_template.html". The more information the better to prevent us having to make wild guesses in the dark.
              - If you can make your website accessible online in any way, give us the URL and we can take a look for you.

Oh - you might also want to make sure the script platform you are using is actually enabled on your live server. For example, assuming you are using the PHP version, what happens when you go directly to the "search.php" page in your browser? Do you get a Page Not Found too?
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
              X