ASP.Net/Umbraco Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP.Net/Umbraco Integration

We are trying to integrate ZoomSearch into an installation of Umbraco. I've created a macro in Umbraco using the ZoomSearch .Net server control. All that seems to render is Chinese like characters though.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Lee

We haven't used Umbraco before. And don't know what is in your script. So it is hard to comment.

Garbage characters are often the result of character set issues however. What character set are you using in Zoom, and what are you using on your web site.

Comment

I thought the same thing as far as I know both are using UTF-8...

Comment

Did you try getting it running directly (i.e. not via a call from your macro).

Comment

Yes, I setup a test folder and created the search just using the server control - works just fine.

Comment

Then the problem has to be in your macro script - the way it captures the output from the server control, and then presents it to the user. Somewhere along the way it might have tried to re-encode the output. What is your script doing?
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yeah, I would agree the problem is in the macro. To set up the macro, all I did was use the '.NET Custom Control' and set the 'Assembly' field to 'ZoomASPX' and the 'Type' field to 'ZoomASPX.ASPXSearch'.

All other fields were left to default.

I guess I'll keep fiddling around with it...

Thanks,
              Lee

Comment

What is the purpose of the macro. Why use it at all?

Comment

It seems that is the way Umbraco provides to insert a server control into a page.

I think we may have found a way around by using an iFrame and pulling in the control from another page. But I still don't understand why it doesn't work the other way. hmmm....

Comment

Working...
                  X