Missing file(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing file(s)

I've run the software in spider mode and files have been placed in a folder. When running Search.PHP I get the following message.

"Zoom files missing error: Zoom is missing one or more of the required index data files.
    Please make sure the generated index files are uploaded to the same path as this search script."

There are 5 *.zdat files.

Search,Template and settings files.

Help please.

All Required Files (listed at the end of indexing) must be placed in the same folder. That is, "search.php" must be in the same folder alongside "settings.php", and all the .zdat files ("zoom_wordmap.zdat", "zoom_dictionary.zdat", etc.)

You may want to use Zoom to upload your files to your server instead of manually uploading them if you are unsure and to avoid mistakes when manually copying files.

Also let us know if you have modified any of the files in any way.

What is the folder that you have placed them into?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Missing file(s)

Although I've spidered the site I have put the indexing results in a sub folder of the web files on my machine. (Folder called 'Search')
      I created that folder prior to indexing so it was empty and relied on Zoom to populate it.
      Could it be that I don't have a 'log' folder within 'search'. My site runs on Windows so, as far as I'm aware, 'logging' will not be possible.

Thanks
      Crusty

Comment

There is a different error for logging (i.e. "Unable to write to log file ...") so the error in your original post is unrelated.

Logging is certainly possible on a Windows server. You just need to get the file/folder permissions right (as explained in the FAQ here)

I asked about the folder because some folders (e.g. "C:\Program Files\") in Windows Vista and 7 have issues when a non-administrator writes files to the folder. It gets hidden away in a "Compatibility Files" section, but it looks like it is there and can be rather deceiving.

Are you indexing on the same computer that is hosting the website (i.e. the web server)? Or are you manually copying or uploading those resultant files to your server? With the latter, you need to make sure all files are there. Can you provide a screenshot?

If you are very sure all the required files are in the same folder on your web server and you are accessing the search script in that correct folder, yet you still get the error message in the first post, then there might be something wrong with your PHP setup. If you can contact us via e-mail and provide screenshots, or URLs to the search function, (or even remote desktop or FTP access) we can take a closer look.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X