Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexer status detail

Hi,

I need to know something, according to the below written detail, Did the indexing run completely?? i.e I have 265108 urls in visited section but only 128402 got indexed, whats the reason or I misunderstood the numbers.

Files Indexed : 128402
    URLS visited By Spider : 265108
    URLS in Spider Queue:0

Thanks in Advance

That doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem. There are many possible reasons why a URL was visited but not indexed. For example, if you have duplicate page detection on, a URL may seem to be unique, but then after downloading the page, Zoom determined its the same as another page it has already indexed. Or you may have Content Filtering enabled (which could exclude a page if it finds a certain word on it). Or the URLs may have redirected to another existing page.

The Errors and Warnings count are more indicative of something needing attention. Of course, if you do determine that there are pages you wanted to have indexed but they're not indexed, then you may want to look into why some of these URLs were excluded.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

one more thing, i had to index a site which consist of large data. So in order to make it fast, i set up a virtual host on my localhost with same domain name as needed for the website(hosted online). But, after indexing when i upload the zoom files via FTP, but it didn't run, a blank page comes up while accessing it.

Comment

What is the URL for the online search function?

Can't be sure without seeing the page. But it might be this server side configuration issue,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12

Comment

Working...
        X