Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate to ask again... Zoomstop...

Hi,

Hate to trouble you again with this... seems every time I set up a new site with Zoom I gunk up the Zoomstop/ Zoomrestart tags just a bit.

Here is the site I'm working on: http://tinyurl.com/2376nde

Two things I need to correct:

1) The small text links and copyright info at the bottom of each page are showing up in my results. This information is part of a single GoLive component added to each of the pages on the site. I have the Zoomstop/ Zoomrestart tags in place as far as I can tell. I've added the tags the same way on several other sites with no problems. I do have the "reload all files" box checked.

2) On the search results page, at the bottom of the page, the copyright line of text appears twice. Very odd... have never seen this happen before.

Zoom's working great on the other sites I use it on... just can't figure this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

John

1.) I had a look at your site and couldn't find a single page that contained a <!--ZOOMSTOP--> tag or anything resembling it. Can you tell us which page to look at? Right-click and select "View Source" to confirm it is actually there.

Perhaps your web authoring program has an "optimize HTML" option enabled which strips out all HTML comments (text between the "<!--" and "-->" markers) before they are published to the server?

2.) This is caused by a bug in build 1020 which you are apparently using. It has been fixed in the latest build 1021 (download from here).

While looking at issue #2, I did find a ZOOMSTOP/ZOOMRESTART tag on the search_template.html page. But besides this page, I can't find it elsewhere on the site.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ok, we're all straightened out here...

You were right about the comments being stripped out by GoLive... in my other sites this had been disabled which if of course why Zoom was working on the other sites. Left the comments in on upload and all is well.

Build 1021 took care of that glitch in the results page too.

BTW... the ZOOMSTOP/ZOOMRESTART was on the search page because with GoLive I always upload the search page template this way... since it's a new site I forgot to leave the comments in on all the other page uploads.

Thank you for the help... all is well now.

John

Comment

Working...
      X