Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sort Results by Date" Default

Hey,

I've been looking around on the forum so far with no luck, I know you can select an option on the "Search Page" to allow users to sort by Date, but how do you have that the default as sort by date as opposed to sort by relevance?

Thanks,
    Ryan

issue now resolved by changing a value within the Seach.asp file

Comment

hmmm somewhat resolved, every time it index it updates the search.asp file and changes the specific setting to 0 (which equals the Search be relavance) is there a way within the program to set this, also the settings.asp, does that hold any index stuff? im asking this as Im wondering if I have all settings configured to my liking, then have zoom output its files to a specific folder, then have a batch file running to copy 7 of the 8 files(excluding the search.asp) to the wwwroot folder on our server(keeping the search.asp file that was modified to sort by date in the wwwroot unedited)?

sounds like it could work to me

Ryan

Comment

There's no need to modify the search.asp file (and certainly not the settings.asp file) for this purpose.

You can change the default sort order by the way you link to the search page. Adding a parameter such as, "search.php?zoom_sort=1" will make it default to date sorting. Or it can be via a hidden form value. More information in previous threads (search for "zoom_sort") such as these:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3140
        http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321

If you modify the files, you'd risk breaking functionality. It also makes it difficult to update to new builds when necessary since you'd need to port your changes.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
          You can change the default sort order by the way you link to the search page. Adding a parameter such as, "search.php?zoom_sort=1" will make it default to date sorting. Or it can be via a hidden form value. More information in previous threads (search for "zoom_sort") such as these:
          I assume I sub that with "search.asp?zoom_sort=1" correct?

so my code for my search would look like this right?

<form method="get" action="http://10.64.248.1/search.asp?zoom_sort=1">
          <table cellpadding="0px" cellspacing="0px">
          <tr>
          <td style="border-style:solid none solid solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
          <input type="text" name="zoom_query" style="width:100px; border:0px solid; height:17px; padding:0px 3px; position:relative;">
          </td>
          <td style="border-style:solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
          <input type="submit" value="" style="border-style: none; background: url('searchbutton3.gif') no-repeat; width: 24px; height: 20px;">
          </td>
          </tr>
          </table>
          </form>

when this is done for some reason it is still searching by relevance (I do have sort by date feature turned on in the Zoom GUI)

I have been reading the other threads trying to figure this out with not a lot of luck so far but I will continue to read in hopes to figure it out before your response.

Thanks,
          Ryan

Comment

Yes that it should be "search.asp" if you are using the ASP script, but no to the URL parameter ("?zoom_sort=1") if this is in the context of a custom search form. In a form, as mentioned, you should have an <input> tag of type=hidden. An example of this is given in the second thread I linked to above.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

ok so far so good, I am now defaulted to search by date.

Thanks you very much for your help.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
              X