Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Http Errors 401.X

Hey all,

I know it should be an issue with IIS Version 6 but im not sure how to go about fixing this, im new with IIS as well as Zoom, I used the free version, had things set up and it had worked great, today I had purchased the Professional version, and the only difference is the free version I had the index files and the asp files sent to desktop and I manually copied them to the wwwroot folder, this time I have it set to automatically go to the wwwroot folder, I keep getting.

The URL you attempted to reach has an ISAPI or CGI application installed that verifies user credentials before proceeding. This application cannot verify your credentials

Which is error code 401.5 sometimes it gives me one about ALC(?) which is 401.3 I beleive........

this is an Intranet so unfortunately not available to be seen.

any suggestions?

Ryan

im at a loss as to how the free version was fine(with almost identical settings) and the Professional one is having Authorization issues(from what I can figure out)

The script in the free edition and the script in the paid for versions are 100% identical. So it isn't the script.

Maybe it has something to do with the user you are logged in as when the files are written into the folder?

We did have 1 report of this issue several years ago. But the circumstances were slightly different.

Comment

ya I had read that post, its quite odd I am quite certain it is something with IIS I was hoping some of the great users may have run into this. I am thinking of trying to remove the paid program and trying it just free again and then after everything is set up how I want it putting in the code but will the code be able to be entered again into the same computer? thats my main concern.

I get the error whether im on another computer in the network or if im on the computer that IIS is on....

im hoping our other IT guy will have some insight on this though .

Thanks,
      Ryan

Comment

I am almost certain it has nothing to do with the Free Edition versus the Professional Edition.

Have you tried reverting to the method you were using before: that is, having Zoom output the index files to your desktop and manually copying them over to your wwwroot folder?

Looking online, there's alot of references to this error with using PHP on IIS. Did you mistakingly select "PHP" in Zoom (or you didn't save your previous selection of "ASP"), and you are now using the PHP files on your IIS server (which is not properly configured for PHP), when you were using ASP before?
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

it is ASP and definately has been previously, tried outputting it to the desktop and manually copying it to no avail, it seems to be permissions on our server but nothing had been changed for that so its very odd.......I did notice the search.asp file keeps showing 02/15/10 instead of the current date(the resty of the output file show correct date, this is the same if I delete all 8 files and re-index them. which I think is just a little out of the ordinary lol.

Comment

No, that's definitely normal. The search.asp file is the same for any one build, it only gets updated for new builds or if it has been modified.

Like you said, I believe the problem has to do with the server configuration. Perhaps it's just a coincidence that something changed on the server and then you updated your index with the registered edition. The error is from IIS, and there's nothing Zoom or any ASP script as far as I know, could have caused it.

If you Google for the error, you'll find various solutions regarding properly configuring permissions.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

ya I was quite confident that is likely to be coincidental with something on IIS, but also out of curiosity and my earlier question, if I want to remove the program and re-install will I get an error message with using the key again? or can it be only used the once?

Ryan

Comment

it is now working, I removed program, re-installed the Free version, configured everything, upgraded to Professional and it is now working.......yes I know very odd but its working no more 401.X errors

Comment

Are you sure your web admin didn't change any settings in IIS?

A reinstallation of the Indexer shouldn't make a difference here. Unless something was modified in the "search.asp" file, and your reinstallation has restored it to its original code.

And yes, you can reinstall the license on the same machine.

Glad to hear its working fine again nonetheless.
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

im positive he had not changed anything as I am the second admin and was dealing with this as he was taking calls and what not dealing with other issues. so im going to chaulk this one up to Computer Oddities

Comment

Working...
                    X