Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server requirment to index 1 lac files

Hi,

Please tell me the Server requirment to index 1 lac files.

I have setup on my local machine with 2 GB ram but unable to complete the index, it hangs the server after sometime and starts putting files in the warning section.

Thanks

Can you clarify what is the LAC file format you are referring to. There are multiple file formats out there with the same extensions and we can't be certain what you are referring to.

Having said that, if it is a binary file format, and not in our list of supported file types, then it is not supported:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/plugins.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Lac means Lakh (sorry for inconvenience)

Comment

What's a Lakh ?

Comment

I had to lookup Google and Wikipedia for "lakh" to find out that it means 100,000 in the Indian numbering system.

I'm still amazed you did not say so explicitly even when I asked you what LAC was (which would have made it clear that I'm not familiar with Indian numbering systems). It's like you are purposely withholding information and making it difficult for me to answer.

Please be considerate and provide information clearly. I spent time looking up the "Cognos Local Authentication Cache" (which uses a LAC file format). Then you made me go learn about Indian numbering systems to find out what "lakh" is. All you had to say was "100,000".

We want to help here, but it's difficult when questions are presented like riddles. Perhaps you didn't realize that "lakh" is not used outside of India. If so, I hope the above has now educated you about this, and further communication will improve.

Now, back to the question:

Memory requirements depend not just on the number of files to be indexed. It is a combination of the limits specified under "Configure"->"Limits" in the Indexer. This includes "maximum unique words", "maximum file size", etc.

There is an estimation provided based on the current limits specified. On that same "Limits" panel, under the limits, it says:

"Estimated RAM required: xxx KB (xxx MB)"

So you can change the values accordingly and have a good idea beforehand, how much memory you need.

100,000 files (or 1 lac/lakh files) would not require alot of memory in normal circumstances (certainly less than 2GB of memory). But 100,000 files with each file being several gigabytes in size, would be very demanding. So these are all important factors.

What is the warning message that you mentioned? There should've been an actual message indicating what the warning is.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X