X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server stopped responding

Hi,

Can any one tell me the cause of this :
    I have started indexing for around 80,000 files, while indexing i have paused the process for 3-4 hours but after that server stopped responding.

So please tell me what could be issue, does the process eats some memory while its in pause state.

Thanks in Advance

No, Zoom does not allocate any new memory in its pause state.

But if you have set very high limits, and are chewing up alot of memory on the system (e.g. you have a very high setting for max file size and your computer doesn't have that much memory available), then it's possible Windows will spend time swapping the program out to disk to free up memory. And under low memory situations, Windows is known to cause programs to appear "locked up" or that it's "not responding" when it is swapping it out to disk.

So these bits of information would be helpful to determine what is going on:
    - How much RAM is installed on your machine?
    - How much memory is actually available?
    - What are the limits you have specified in Zoom? Max number of files, max file size, etc. Are these sensible?
    - What is the version and build of Zoom you are using?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

One thing more, if i paused the indexing at some point of time and restart the server, then do the resuming of indexing, so will it leave any impact on indexing.

Can we restart the server by pausing the indexing then after restart again resume from that same old location.

Thanks In Advance

Comment

If you quit the software for any reason before the end of indexing, then the index will not be complete. So you can not restart the machine in the middle of an indexing session, regardless of if you have paused the software or not.

There is an incremental indexing function. Where you can index part of your site, then add to it at any point in the future. You still need to wait until the incremental function completes however to get a valid index.

Comment

Working...
        X