Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see results of PDF files

Hello.

I have a website with several PDF files that I would like to appear in the search results, and they don't.
    I'm not sure if I'm making it correctly.

I'm using Zoom 6 with the PDF plugin.
    I've configured a .pdf Adobe Acrobat extension on Scan Extensions.
    Checked 'Use CRC to skip files with identical content' and 'Open all plugin file formats(...)'
    And inside the file extension parameters the following:
    - 'Retrieve internal meta information'
    - 'Use description (.desc) files'
    -- Scan text by presentation layout (default)
    -- Highlight and locate matched words...

Besides this, and because I had no results, this I've made a *.desc file for one of my PDF files with the title and description from your indications:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_plugins.html

And I've put on my 'goddady' server an .htaccess file to recognize the *.desc files like they say here:
    http://help.godaddy.com/article/375

Apart from this, just say that the names of the PDF files are large and have sapaces in ti. Example:
    'A clinical evaluation of the Dideco Kids D100 neonatal oxygenator.pdf'
    But are made with selectable text and, generally, a single page file.

I'm using Zoom 6 and the server has PHP 5+ installed.

I still don't get any results...
    Any help would be nice.

Thank you in advance.

First step would be to make sure the files are actually being indexed. You can confirm this after indexing on the "Log" tab. Click on the "Skipped" option so that you can see any messages regarding files that were skipped (and why). If you have a lot of files indexed, you can right click here and save this log to file or copy it to your clipboard and paste it in a text editor (such as Notepad) and search through it.

See this FAQ regarding skipped files:
    Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?

If the file in question does not show up at all in your Log (even when you are showing all messages) and there's no obvious reason why, and you are using spider mode, you should see this FAQ:
    Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

If it is indicated in the log that it has been indexed successfully, then we can look into what is particular about the file. But if it was not indexed to begin with, then the problem might be somewhere else (e.g. you don't have any links to the PDF files)
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you Ray.
      I'll check what you suggest...

Comment

Again thank you Ray.
        I had no time to answer this sooner.

I think I had two problems and I could figured it with the log information.
        The first thing was that the plugins were not well installed because the report said that it was not installed. So I reinstalled it.

The second was that my PDFs folder was not properly directed to the respective links.

Everything is now working.

Thank you again for your help and for the fantastic program you have.

Comment

Working...
        X