Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No search results appearing - Javascript

Hi

I had been using v5 with Parallels (v5.0) for Mac OSX to index an offline CD based site with Javascript with no problems. I have since upgraded to Zoom Indexer v6 and when running the old configuration file and testing the search page it returns no results - not even a message to say no results. Looking at the log file during indexing it appears it is indexing the site and the javascript files are several MB suggesting there is an index. I have tried indexing some other sites with new configurations and it is the same outcome.

Any ideas

Many thanks

Andrew

Update

Appear to have got it working one way by choosing a temporary output folder on the virtual Windows C: drive and not on the Mac OS X side where the indexed files reside. It is then a matter of copying across the search.html and index files to the search folder to the folder containing the indexed files on the Mac.

Obviously if the files change on the Mac you have to run the index again into the temporary folder and copy across again and overwrite.

Don't know why this works but it is a workaround with a few extra steps. If there is something that avoids this I'd be glad to know

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Interagro View Post
      Appear to have got it working one way by choosing a temporary output folder on the virtual Windows C: drive and not on the Mac OS X side where the indexed files reside. It is then a matter of copying across the search.html and index files to the search folder to the folder containing the indexed files on the Mac.
      I can't imagine why this would make a difference. Unless it wasn't writing out the files properly on the OSX drive to begin with. This should be evident however, with error messages under the "Log" tab of the Indexer (e.g. it would say it failed to write to a particular file). You should probably check that in the original scenario.

You might also want to make sure you are copying all the files listed under "Required files" after indexing, to the new folder. If you are mixing files from V5 with V6, then they would not work.

You might also want to check for any Javascript errors being reported by the browser, which might give more clues about what's happening. Firefox has an error console for this. What browser are you using?
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X