Warning: fseek() expects parameter 2 to be long error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: fseek() expects parameter 2 to be long error

Warning: fseek() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in D:\* on line 1970

Warning given when two or more "*" are used in query.

Problem was non existant in version prior to Zoom Search Engine 6.0 (16/Mar/2010)

Check that you are using the non-modified, default "search.php" script that we provided. Any changes made to the script may affect existing functionality.

If the problem persists, zip up your search files (including "search.php", "settings.php" and all the .zdat files) and e-mail them to us. Tell us exactly what keyword you searched with to trigger this behaviour.

Note also the latest build is V6.0 build 1021 released on 8/Apr/2010. More information here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Copy that. I am aware that modifying the search.php can cause errors.

And double checked that before alerting you. I also just checked a fresh install. So I am sending you the files.

Wamp server 2.0
      PHP 5.3.0
      OS WIn7 HMPR64bit

zoom V6.0 build 1021 64bit indexer

I may have forgot the term searched in the email.

is the term NOT WILDCARDWILDCARDWILDCARD but three Astrix..

Comment

We've confirmed that this is a problem with PHP 5.3 only, and only when searching for "**" or "***", etc.

It's worth noting that this is a very unlikely search query to be made by an end user. And this warning does not appear with PHP 5.2 or earlier.

Nonetheless, we will fix this for the next patch release (V6.0 build 1022).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes, I do make odd search queries. And only a small warning was shown.

Thank you.......

Comment

Working...
          X