Search result page and DotNetNuke skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search result page and DotNetNuke skin

This is a very nice search engine, I have to say. I've managed to integrate the search box and button into my DotNetNuke skin and the results are much better than the DNN-builtin search function. However, the result pages are generated from the search domain (zoomaspx, e.g.), which are not of the same style of my DNN pages. Is there a way to apply the DNN skins onto the search result pages? Thanks in advance.
    - Andy

Have you seen this FAQ?
    Q. How to create a search engine for your DotNetNuke website

There's a section further down that details how to create a DNN wrapper page via an IFRAME.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Ray:

Thanks for your quick reply. I did try to create a page with IFrame, but this put the search box and the results in the same page. What I am trying to do is to add the search box and button in the skin (so they will appear in all pages, and which I've already done), and wish to direct the results generated by the search.aspx into one of the result page of my DotNetNuke site. I'm looking for a solution for this and any suggestions are much appreciated.

- Andy

Comment

You can disable the search box that appears on the search.aspx page (so it will only show results). From the Indexer, select "Configure"->"Search Page"->"Search form" and change the dropdown to "Do not generate".

This would rely on the search box you have created elsewhere to send the right parameters to that page.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray. I've made changes in configuration and meet my needs. Thanks again.

- Andy

Comment

Working...
          X